11.28.2010

1990 Chateau La Nerthe Chateauneuf-du-Pape: Light, fruity, good

nov. 26, 2010: greg wasn't feeling well enough (he had a cold) to come to dinner at my parents' house on friday, but he did rotisserie a delicious chicken for my parents, emilie and me to eat on their last day in the states for a while. i prepared a bulgar wheat recipe with cilantro, dried cranberries and yellow raisins from a recipe my father gave me in a mediterranean cook book. i'd make this recipe again.

my father opened up this chateau la nerthe, 13.5 percent alcohol, which i had never had before. it was quite good. the nose was fruity and there was no bitterness to the mouth. i thought the particular fruit flavors were hard to distinguish, but still, sometimes that can be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment